– January 27: The first COVID-19 case in Germany was confirmed near Munich.
– January 28: I flew to Munich.
– January 29: I went to a pharmacy to buy some toothpaste. When I entered the shop a big basket full of hand sanitizers greeted me. I bought one having learned the evening before that we have to be cleaning our hands frequently.
– January 30: I went to the same pharmacy to buy another sanitizer. All was sold out… there and at all other shops nearby.
– February 1: I flew back to Istanbul. I did not think of going to a pharmacy 1600 km away from Munich to buy a disinfectant.
– March 7: I suddenly started remembering what I experienced in Munich… after learning that the death toll from coronavirus around Milan in Italy has risen to 197. I went to a pharmacy and bought some disinfectants.
– March 11: The first COVID-19 case in Turkey was announced.
Although Munich, Milan and Istanbul are actually part of the same world, I still don’t know how I forgot my Munich experience for almost 40 days.
Song of the blog: Maroon 5 – Memories